I've googled how to identify "wall storage type," "hook type," "attachment type," etc., and all that EVER comes up are slatwall and pegboard, which look nothing like what I have.

enter image description here

The metal piece that is horizontally attached to the wall has two rows of hollow, vertical slots. A single hook/attachment piece has matching two rows of "hooked prongs" that slide down into wall slots (four slots/hooks each). I'd hate to spend money on something new if I can't find more attachments.

  • 3
    It looks more industrial/commercial than home use. Maybe add that to your search might help. Most searches will bring up home use stuff first.
    – crip659
    Commented Jan 15, 2023 at 21:48
  • look for manufacturer's labels
    – jsotola
    Commented Jan 16, 2023 at 5:39

1 Answer 1


Google Lens recognizes your photo as "Tap-Mount", which seems to be correct, e.g. Photo of Tap-Mount bracket

(from https://www.knapeandvogt.com/tap-mount-shelf-brackets)

  • FYI, if you Google "John Sterling TAP-MOUNT" it looks like Menards and Home Depot carry it. Hope that helps find a local supplier. Commented Jan 16, 2023 at 4:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.