I just tried to install a new duplex 15A GFCI receptacle that I had bought nearly a year ago. This was the first time it was out of the box. After it was wired up and the circuit energized it was not showing any status light, and there was no power on my tester. I confirmed the screw terminals were correctly wired and receiving power from the cable.
Here is all the pertinent information I can think of:
- The reset button is not extended. (I have another of the exact same model to reference for this.)
- Pushing the reset button does nothing.
- I heard no trip when energizing the circuit.
- The test button does nothing.
- My tester's test button does nothing.
- The status light is off, which means either tripped, or no power at all.
- There is no continuity between the slots and their respective line screws.
- There is continuity between the upper and low slots on the same side.
Is it safe to assume that the device is faulty and should be replaced under warranty, or am I missing something stupidly simple? Is there anything else I can test with it to further show that it's defective?