burned connecter

I know i have a burned spade connecter in a samsung stove burner but what is the name of the thing that it connects to and where can i find it

  • slip on wire connector
    – asinine
    Jan 2 at 21:31
  • it is called a spade connector tab ... the heating element wire is welded to it ... people confuse welding soldering ... it is not soldered ... you have to replace the whole burner
    – jsotola
    Jan 2 at 21:33
  • Look up the parts list for your particular model of stove, then order it from any one of the large number of online appliance parts repair places. If you have a local appliance parts store, you could take the part number into them to order a replacement. The undamaged connector appears to screw on - not sure if the damaged one screws on or if it's maybe riveted on.
    – FreeMan
    Jan 3 at 15:43

2 Answers 2


It is called a crimp terminal.

Make sure to get a metal one without any plastic collar.

Make sure that the new one grips tightly. As if they are loose they overheat.


It is called a spade connector tab.

The heating element wire is welded to it.

Some people confuse welding with soldering.

It is not soldered.

You have to replace the whole burner.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.