Does anyone know what this tool seen at 4:48 is called? I tried searching for various names of what I thought it might be called but can't find anything. Or a similar tool would be fine - basically something that you can attach different size spacers depending on what gap you need.

enter image description here

  • 1
    an auto mechanic uses a similar tool that is called feeler gauge
    – jsotola
    Commented Dec 30, 2022 at 16:46
  • 1
    I don't know what the tool is called. but equal spacing can be accomplished with a desired size nail, screw, shim, or scrap wood...or many other things.
    – RMDman
    Commented Dec 30, 2022 at 16:57
  • "Spacer" seems a good name. As in "Pass me the 1" spacer"
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Dec 30, 2022 at 17:11
  • @jsotola I'm familiar with using feeler gauges to measure a gap; can you explain a situation where a feeler gauge is used to set a gap?
    – Huesmann
    Commented Jan 7, 2023 at 15:17
  • if you cannot measure a gap, then you cannot set it to a desired distance
    – jsotola
    Commented Jan 7, 2023 at 16:23

1 Answer 1


Looks like a siding gauge:

enter image description here siding gauge

(Not a vendor endorsement.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.