I’m pretty new to this, so I may be down a wrong path. Ultimately I’m trying to connect a garden hose connection to my bathroom faucet, but my faucet is too small. After a lot of measuring and trial and error, I found an adapter/fitting that fits my faucet:
I’ll try to keep it short and sweet:
- Faucet: male threads (I think 1/2”)
- Hose: female garden hose threads
- Adapter: 1/2” female to garden hose male
- Hose to Adapter: includes rubber gasket, no leak
- Faucet to Adapter: no gasket included, leaks a lot
- Threads: I think all the threads involved are straight, not tapered (I’m not 100% sure though)
If all the threads are straight like I think they are, then I know I need a gasket on the faucet side of the adapter. I just don’t know where to install one since there’s no internal rim or anything.
Any direction would be much appreciated.