I have a kitchen faucet that is a Moen, a replacement for the old one I tossed about a year ago. Since then, the Moen isn't secured tightly, and it's bothered me enough to try to fix it.

I just don't know how to tighten it. Well, what tool to use. I certainly don't have it.

Thank you for your input.


Update: It's a very large nut and won't take a normal basin wrench. It's evident in the image, but people don't look at the image.

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


I feel your pain. Been there where there is almost no room to grab the nut and be able to turn. The good news is they usually do turn easily and 1/4 to 1/2 turn snugs them up.

Now...How? I had to make a "wrench" out of aluminum plate. Cut it kind of like a big "U" with the opening the size of the nut. Attached that to a piece of PVC pipe, ( anything as a handle can be used) and was able to get that nut tight. Good Luck.

  • Thanks for that info. I emailed the manufacturer and they said a basin wrench, but the one I bought (for this) is the standard size and too small. The large ones are rare and of single use pretty much. So I'm going to try some vice grip solutions. Cheers
    – Rich_F
    Commented Dec 8, 2022 at 20:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.