I have a front-loading washer/dryer from LG. The "wash" cycle appears to run normally with the water being turned on and off multiple times. However, the wash cycle concludes with streaming water which does not stop even when the machine is turned off. It only stops when I turn off the cold water intake supply line. I can turn the water on again and run a "spin" cycle with no difficulties (water is never turned on for "Spin & Drain"), but the flood of water returns near the beginning of the "dry" cycle and, again, doesn't turn off when the cycle is stopped or paused.
We've tried typical troubleshooting steps including making sure all drains and clear of clogs, powering the device off, and clearing the drain catch which did not resolve the problem. The unit still heats up during the "dry" cycle, it's not not effective when being flooded by extra water. Water is internal and doesn't spread outside of the unit.
Any ideas of what's happening and how we can fix it, or is the only option to go to a professional? Thanks in advance for your help!
- Wash: everything seems to run fine but water continues to stream at the end of wash.
- Spin & drain: completes successfully and clothes are left slightly damp.
- Dry: What is supposed to be a slight stream of water is instead a flood. Clothes are left drenched.
- Water flow does not stop when machine is turned off, needs to be turned off from the water supply line.
- Problem appears limited to cold water at end of wash phase & in the dry phase.