I really like this photowallpaper, but it's quite impossible to import it:


I think - based on my basic but quite good paining skills - I can reproduce it with painting. But..

  • which type of paint is good for this? I think it should be dense and a little bit "rough"

  • how can I reproduce the pattern? with brush and sponge?

  • any general idea?

  • Is this a concrete or stone wall because if so then you can get an acid stain that will give it this look. Painting drywall though... i have no idea. Mar 21 '13 at 0:32
  • you could texture with premix joint compound, though using setting mud would be faster. OTOOH, thick Premix will crack.. try hitting it with a hair dryer.
    – HerrBag
    Mar 21 '13 at 12:27

I know (think) there is an additive you can put in paint or a glaze to give it the crack effect. Or I believe it is hand painted sometimes.

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-apply-a-crackle-finish/index.html http://makethebestofthings.blogspot.com/2010/05/crackle-finish-with-elmers-glue.html


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.