I am trying to locate a hinge for plantation shutters and my googling has not turned up much. I think I am not using the right vocabulary--does this type of hinge have a more specific name?

Non-descript shutter hinge

2 Answers 2


I found something and they are called "Swing Clear Hinge"


You best choice is to search "swing free hinges"


I think this could be called a non-mortise wrap hinge.

It could probably be called other things as well, but that's the closest equivalent I've found in a quick search.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.