I'm fabricating a 1.5" square steel tube gate mounted on 2" square steel tube posts. The block wall is pre-wired for doorbell and electronic locking mechanism, but I just need to find the right strike mechanism that I can mortise into the 2" post.

I'm not exactly sure what the terminology is for what I'm looking for. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to find the right hardware for an outdoor setup.

  • 1
    This, unfortunately, seems like it will devolve into a "shopping" question which is off-topic. It may help, though, if you were to at least indicate what types of products you've already looked at and why you've dismissed them as unsuitable, so that others could recommend a different product category that might work for you.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Nov 30, 2022 at 14:50


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.