One of the clip thingies that holds my bathroom mirror up broke, and I'd like to replace it.

It's the kind that works with a hole drilled through the mirror, though, not the clips, which are all I can find online.

photo of clip

Is there a specific name for this piece of hardware I can use to find it?

  • that is not a good picture, can we have more
    – Traveler
    Commented Nov 22, 2022 at 22:06
  • 1
    More of a fancy holder/washer than a clip. Made to spread the pressure of the screw over a wider area.
    – crip659
    Commented Nov 22, 2022 at 22:10
  • 2
    Excellent picture. I have exactly the same things on my hall bathroom mirror. (But not for sale...) Commented Nov 22, 2022 at 22:14

1 Answer 1


I have these (or very, very similar) on my hall bathroom mirror, probably ~ 65 years old. But it looks like they still make them, or something very similar, called a Star Mirror Rosette:

Mirror Rosette

This example is from Amazon in a large package (16!). Home Depot (and probably many other hardware and big box stores) have them in single packs for a couple dollars. Of course, most people probably need 4 - because if you just get 1 then it probably won't match the other 3. Most people probably don't need 16 - unless they are replacing mirrors in 4 bathrooms at once. So shop wherever it works best for you.

  • That is a 65 years old design. try something more modern.
    – Traveler
    Commented Nov 22, 2022 at 23:14
  • That's exactly it, thank you! Commented Nov 23, 2022 at 0:05
  • @Ruskes I am interested if you know how to search for it -- I don't. :-) Commented Nov 23, 2022 at 0:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.