When repairing my furnace I inadvertently ripped out a quick-connect terminal from the black cylinder (probably a capacitor.) The male end at the end of the capacitor is basically a long, sharp, pin (obscured in the photo by the remnants of the quick connect before I removed it, and the female barrel end (surrounded by heat-shrink tubing) is as shown in the second photo. The female barrel diameter is about 1/16"

What type of connector is this?

Male end/capacitor

Female barrel end

  • 2
    I take it said connector went out to a spark ignition lead? Nov 15, 2022 at 2:07
  • probably custom make
    – jsotola
    Nov 15, 2022 at 3:08
  • @ThreePhaseEel you take it correctly. Does that help identify the type of connector? Nov 15, 2022 at 4:39
  • Brand/model of the furnace? With that, someone could look up the instructions and/or parts list. With the parts list, you could then figure out what the replacement part is and order it...
    – FreeMan
    Nov 15, 2022 at 16:08


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.