I got this tool from my grandfather's house. It looks incomplete, like some parts are missing. The tool is simply a 1/8" steel rod about 7" long with one end flattened into a screwdriver blade, and the rod is bent into a loop about 2.5" from the blade end. See photo. Any idea what this is? Thanksenter image description here

  • The image has many pixels but poor clarity. A well-focused close-up of the flat end might show details - I can see some sort of marks on the flat part in this picture, but I can't make out what they are.
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented Oct 29, 2022 at 0:10

1 Answer 1


Looks like a replaceable tine (sometimes also called tooth) for a (tractor-drawn agricultural type) rake. Probably clamped on the "screwdriver-like" flat section. The working end would be the long straight part, and the coil facilitates spring-action.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.