I have a Liftmaster 1/2HP garage door. For the past couple of months, the remotes have been getting less and less reliable. Now, they won't open or close the door at all. I've looked at multiple posts here and on YouTube but can't find an exact match for my problem. Here are my notes so far:
- The wall-mounted button opens and closes the garage door 100% of the time. This suggests the garage door functions as it should.
- The amber LED on the sensor is always-on. If I wave my hand in front of the receiving sensor, the green LED on the receiving sensor goes off (and will start blinking), as expected. This suggests to me that the sensors are correctly aligned.
- The first remote is a third party remote bought of Amazon that has worked for a couple of years. I've changed out the battery.
- The second remote is built into my Honda and has also worked reliably for a couple of years until recently.
- I've unplugged the garage door opener and plugged it back in.
- When I press the button on the remote, I see the "code" LED on the back of the garage door unit flash, suggesting to me that a signal is being received. Nothing else happens.
- I have followed the instructions on the unit to erase all codes.
- When I follow the instructions to re-program the codes (press the remote button, then the code button), the code LED on the back of the unit is solid, then flashes, but nothing else happens. The instructions indicate that the light bulb (not the code LED) of the unit should flash when programming is complete, but this never happens.
- I've heard that light bulbs can cause RF interference, so I replaced the CFL bulb with a Genie-brand universal garage door light bulb.
- I have a purple learn button
At this point in the troubleshooting I imagine that I've erased the codes, but seemingly it will now not re-program. The door mechanics work, the sensors seem to work and are unobstructed, the wall button works, the antenna seems to be receiving a signal from the remotes, but ultimately the remotes do not work.
What else should I be looking at, and why?