Just bought a used Samsung front loading dryer, and the guy we bought it from swapped his long cord out for the original short cord, but apparently had the red wire in the middle and white on the left...when I plugged it in, it sparked and the Elec. Panel Circuit Breakers tripped.
I assumed it might be cross wired, saw a video and moved the red wire to the outside and white wire to the middle, plugged it back in, CB tripped once...reset it, but nothing. No power to dryer, at least it's not responding and CB doesn't trip anymore. The dryer was working when we picked it up. What can we do to get the dryer working, now that the cord is wired correctly?
OK, just had an Appliance Repair guy out to the house...and we sorta lucked out...he said I reattached the cord properly, and the circuit board checks out OK. It appears the surge killed the power in the line. So either my Master Panel Dryer Circuit Breakers tripped, permanently, or there is a short in the wall outlet, as he got no power out of the outlet. My money is on the CB now being inop. Now we need an Electrician to most likely replace those breakers in the panel, and check the path to the dryer.