My wife was trying to “multi task” and now I’m freaking out that we maybe damaged some wires in walls ( I’m paranoid )
She had connected hair dryer and clothe steamer to bedroom outlet
Outlet 15 AMP @ 120V ( 2nd floor bedroom so decent run of copper )
14/2 Wire (Romex)
Hair Dryer 1875W
Steamer 1300W TV 200W?
So circuit was loaded 30AMP ( and rated for Max 15AMP)
All this was connected for maybe 2 minutes and I noticed …
Breaker didn’t trip for some reason it’s newish Siemens CAFCI so don’t think that it’s faulty?
I used KillAWatt and the devices do use the wattage that they are listed for.
I did remove outlet to inspect visually the wire and it does not appear to be burnt ( maybe just half way in box a bit darker but could be in my head no discoloration at first inch from outlet screw )
So question is did I maybe melt wire in wall and why breaker didn’t trip.
Sorry for long question