My dog chewed pieces of the frame molding around the glass panes on my front door in the house I am renting....can I just replace that plastic/fiberglass molding?


If you look on the hinge side of the door you may find a makers tag with a model number. If the door is fairly new the manufacturer may be able to supply a new one. You also might try a glass and window shop. The grid is typically screwed to the door. Small plastic plugs cover the screw heads. Some that I have encountered also have an adhesive applied. Sliding a putty knife under the grid will release the trim.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.