I'm fairly comfortable working on automotive R-134a air conditioners but haven't worked on a home R-410a system before. I have a manifold gauge set, charge hoses, and electric vacuum pump.

I know I will need new charge hoses because the fittings are different but can I re-use the manifold set and vacuum pump?

I'm also planning on getting certified for EPA Section 608 so I can legally buy refrigerant.

  • So what are the respective refrigerant temperatures and pressures?
    – Solar Mike
    Sep 9, 2022 at 17:34
  • Rules have changed. It's not enough to sit a class and take a test. You must now also have recovery equipment, and also a supply chain/vendor relationships to return the recovered refrigerant into for destruction/recycling. Sep 9, 2022 at 17:46


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.