I have just finished replacing all light switches in the house with Lutron devices and had no problem as all the instructions were extremely simple and straightforward. However, I have now run into a Carro Smart Fan that came with 1 switch. The way my fan currently works is with two switches -- one for light, and the other for power (spins the fan).
How exactly do I accomplish this? Here is the Carro wireless switch instructions:
And here's what I have in my house:
In my picture, here's how it's currently set up:
- Left switch: Top black wire is always hot, lower black wire is only hot when switched on.
- Center switch: Top (red) is always hot, lower black is only hot when switched on.
- Right switch (ignore this -- one of my Lutron dimmer switches)
Some other points:
- On both left and center switches, the top red wire and top black wire are running into the same spot above the wallbox.
- On both left and center switches, the bottom black wires are running together in the same cap.
In my picture, the right switch controls the light. Its red cable makes sense when connecting to the Carro switch, but which of the two black wires on the 1st switch (to the left in my photo) would be considered the "Electric Fan" wire (based on the Carro diagram)?