My house has 6 dry wells for collecting waste water from bathroom and kitchen.
I'm worried that it could become a breeding ground for Mosquitoes , Bacteria, virus and foul smell.
Are there any guidelines on how to treat the water so I can prevent harmful effects ( Malaria,Dengue,Legionella etc..)
As far as I can think
Have a breathing pipe on top of all all the dry wells and cover it with mosquito net so mosquitoes can't enter or exit and there will be some aeration as well
Pour cup of disinfectant mixed with water in each dry well.
I'm noticing that smell coming out of the drainage pit and entering the home sometimes.
I assume it could be toxic.
Is there anything I can do to stop the toxic gas from getting formed ?
Is there anything I can do to stop the gas from entering the home or dealing the gas once we notice it ?
I have heard that Carbon monoxide is odourless and it could cause issues.
There is clothes line for drying which runs parallel to the pits.
Would the gas or something that comes from the pit affect the clothes
I mean would it act as carrier to affect the health ?
Are there any plants that I can plant around the drainage pit which can absorb the Carbon monoxide and other drainage gas ?