I found this thing in the closet of a room which someone recently moved out of. It is flexible/bendable. I was wondering what it is? Thanks.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


3 Answers 3


It's a tripod for cameras (see pic):

enter image description here

  • It's a Gorilla tripod yeah. I imagine this must look like an alien insectoid invader to anyone not into photography :)
    – MiG
    Aug 20, 2022 at 14:22
  • Does the one in my post lack something to hold a camera, phone, mic, or any other device?
    – Tim
    Aug 20, 2022 at 22:06
  • You should be able to screw that black disc in the center down, that's where the camera (or other compatible device) will mount (random example of a similar mount here) :)
    – MiG
    Aug 20, 2022 at 22:13

It can indeed be used as a tripod for a smallish camera. But also it can be wrapped around something (a tree, pipe, chair leg, your arm) or hung under something to have same camera attached.

Would also work like claws round, say, bicycle handlebars for the same Gopro type camera. Could also be used to support a microphone.


It's also super handy for holding anything you need held in a weird position. I've used one of those with a taped-on flashlight under sinks and in wire chases, used one to hold back other wires while soldering one, etc. Handy little tool.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.