I bought a new dryer today and upon plugging it in it wouldn't turn on. I tested the wires on the terminal block with a multimeter and one of the hot legs to the neutral wire reads 240 volts and the other hot leg to neutral reads 0 volts. As I understand it both of these should instead read 120 volts.
I swapped out the power cord for the power cord from my old dryer which worked perfectly fine and got the same readings, so I believe it is an issue with the terminal block itself. The dryer was discounted due to "repaired control board" so is it possible that the repair was not properly done? Does anyone have any idea what might cause this and how I can fix it?
Below is a picture link showing all of the multimeter readings I took.