I am looking for the name of the part below. It is a metal connector that has a vertical threaded shaft into which a bolt can be screwed. The base has holes around the shaft that allows the part to be bolted onto a flat surface. This connector allows a bolt to stick up at precisely 90 degrees from the flat surface. I tried searching for this part on McMaster-Carr, Lowes, Home Depot, but cannot find the name.

Alternatively, some other fastener that secures a bolt exactly 90 degrees to a surface would also be useful to know about.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

part diagram


2 Answers 2


You said Bolt and not pipe, they look like this, Used in the ceiling and walls.


Source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Wall-Mount-Ceiling-Mount-Pipe-Supports-2-Pack-19mm-1-2-inch/164191464953

There is also a whole family of bolt flanges, depending on application.

  • Did you draw that picture? If not it is expected that your answer provide attribution to where / whom the picture came from. Please update your answer to comply with SE policies.
    – Michael Karas
    Jun 25, 2022 at 5:23
  • @MichaelKaras >>> Published the source.
    – asinine
    Jun 25, 2022 at 5:45
  • Looks good to go!
    – Michael Karas
    Jun 25, 2022 at 23:22

It is called a "floor flange".

These are typically used for threaded pipe- I have not seen ones that are made for bolts.

enter image description here

  • Also used in the tops or bottoms of speaker cabinets - (not particularly home use) - I use them to sit speaker upon speaker, rather like a threaded top hat. Thread (12mm) goes right through.
    – Tim
    Jun 25, 2022 at 10:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.