What would be the proper way to ground this new Legrand Starter Box (BW5) if the ground cable inside the previous box and it's too short to reach the new box or receptacle?
The original cabinet makers misjudged how high the cabinet would be and made a box opening right at the bottom of the shelf and never placed a wall plate there. I decided to install a metal Wall Box instead on top. Since the 2 metal boxes are not touching, no ground. Whoops!
- What options do I have here to ground the new wall box with the old grounding cable?
- Can I simply cut my own ground copper cable and connect it the old box to the new with a new screw?
- Can/Should I use a waco connector?
- Would that be an acceptable way of extending the old cable to the new box or receptacle?
- Do it matter if I connect the new ground cable to the Legrand box or the receptacle?