I've tried searching Lowe's for screen window clips but didn't see the type of clip that holds my screen to the window.

The existing ones are very rusty sometimes to the point where I have to use tools to release the screen.

Has a slightly related follow-up question, is it worth trying to repair this type of screen? Or do people usually just toss on and buy new ones.


enter image description here

  • What (other than rusty clips) is the matter with them?
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented May 4, 2022 at 13:53

1 Answer 1


I've never seen them in that bad condition, but a general Do A Google Search (i.e. not blue box or orange box) on screen clip replacement seems to bring up likely looking options. Adding your window brand name would improve the odds of them being the right ones.

A Real Hardware Store, if you still have one of those you can drive to, might well have them, too. The boxes, of either color, not so much.

Image from Swisco, no endorsement implied.

As for repairing the screen, naturally some folks do, and some folks toss them & buy new, and some folks take them to the Real Hardware Store and have them do the fixing.

  • Please define "DAGS" for those of us whose coffee hasn't yet fully kicked in.
    – FreeMan
    Commented May 4, 2022 at 13:30
  • Do A Google Search. also Drink Another Guatemalan Supremo for your condition. I might have made up a snooty coffee place size to make the acronym fit...
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented May 4, 2022 at 13:31
  • 1
    Ahh... thank you. LMGTFY is the term I'm familiar with. (Note, the link points to a .app TLD, but it does not attempt to install anything - at least not in Firefox on Win10.)
    – FreeMan
    Commented May 4, 2022 at 13:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.