My uncle left me this tool. Looks like a tire chain tightener or something you'd hook and stretch. Anyone know the name of this tool?

tool with flat bar s-hook on the business end

  • 1
    What type of work was your uncle known to undertake?
    – isherwood
    Mar 22, 2022 at 19:33
  • It looks like a bar that I use to lift motors so I can add shims. But this would only be if the tip was some what flat
    – Ed Beal
    Mar 22, 2022 at 19:38
  • 2
    looks like a german tickler. /s
    – dandavis
    Mar 22, 2022 at 20:14
  • 1
    maybe a spring hook for removing and installing springs
    – jsotola
    Mar 23, 2022 at 1:37
  • 1
    Can we get a pic from a different angle to see what that piece nearer the handle is?
    – FreeMan
    Mar 23, 2022 at 12:53

1 Answer 1


It's called a Snap-Up lever. It's used to secure weight distribution hardware from a vehicle to a tow-behind trailer, RV, etc. Video of it in use here: https://youtu.be/FYFYcqxlJzc?t=334

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.