AC power cable

My cable looks like in the picture. However i want to replace the B plug with a specific one for my wall socket. I don't want to mod the original cable. Is the A plug standard and can i get a cable with just A and exposed wires instead of B? Or get A on its own.

EDIT: It's European zone, 220-240V cable.

EDIT2: In general, is the modding approach acceptable, if A is unobtainable? So i just cut the cable at B and put the other plug?

  • 2
    Have you considered an adapter to convert from B to your wall socket plug? What type of plug does your wall socket use?
    – izzy
    Commented Mar 21, 2022 at 19:00
  • 1
    A looks like it be for device, and not standard. Should be adapters for B to your wall type plug as long as you are not changing voltage or amps
    – crip659
    Commented Mar 21, 2022 at 19:05
  • B looks like an European type plug that has single hot of 230v, neutral, and ground. Using that type in North America, might not be good, since we use only 120v on a single hot wire. One reason for different plug types.
    – crip659
    Commented Mar 21, 2022 at 19:16
  • 4
    Contact the oven makers. Good chance they sell different B end cables for their ovens.
    – crip659
    Commented Mar 21, 2022 at 19:46
  • 1
    Plug B is a "type N" worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/n
    – Simon B
    Commented Mar 21, 2022 at 23:00

1 Answer 1


Real simple. Buy a normal extension cord with B on both ends (one male one female). Lop off the male connector and install a male X plug, for whatever X you are after. Retrofittable plugs are readily available at home stores.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.