It's similar to a bolt and a screw. It's used to lock two sliding cabinet doors together. I don't know the name and I've searched for various combinations of words, but can't find anything. Please help.enter image description here

  • I don’t know what they are called but some of my lock out devices have that type screw you run it down and fold it over then put a lock on it can’t be unscrewed she folded over
    – Ed Beal
    Commented Mar 9, 2022 at 5:14
  • 1
    Locking screw? But go back to the maker of the cabinet, they may offer spares.
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Mar 9, 2022 at 6:13
  • 1
    Close to a special type of toggle bolt (not the all anchor type) :i5.walmartimages.com/asr/… Commented Mar 9, 2022 at 20:42
  • 3
    Unscrewed She Folded Over - good title for a romance novel. @EdBeal
    – Mazura
    Commented Mar 9, 2022 at 23:14
  • 1
    I propose that it doesn't have a name. "Folding Thumb Screw" (credit @sxx) seems as close as you'll get ... you'll find various finger-operated screws with heads that flop or fold out of the way. But to find one that looks just like this to match others in the same piece of furniture use you'll probably need the manufacturer and part number, not a generic name.
    – jay613
    Commented Apr 8, 2022 at 14:13

1 Answer 1


Shoulderless thumb screw ? At least it has same top



Folding hand turn bolt


Folding butterfly bolt / wingbolt


  • None of the examples are the same as the op provides, good try though.
    – Ed Beal
    Commented Mar 9, 2022 at 20:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.