I found this metal piece with the brand name Titus. What is it called and what is it for?


  • Where'd you find it?
    – JACK
    Mar 5 at 15:56
  • I found it in a cupboard under a kitchen sink, but it may not necessarily be related to plumbing.
    – crabflow
    Mar 5 at 16:03
  • 2
    Has it fallen off one of the hinges? Like a slow-close mechanism?
    – Solar Mike
    Mar 5 at 16:54
  • 2
    Look at other kitchen cabinet hardware in your kitchern for a similar item. Mar 5 at 19:47
  • 1
    It is a soft close mechanism for a hinge. Google "titus soft close" and check the images tab. Chances are you'll find another one nearby to show you how it is attached. Mar 6 at 0:17


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.