Today I saw an aluminum structure that’s used as a carwash. It’s a very rudimentary drawing, but this is what it looks like: enter image description here

These are the two parts: one’s a base leg and the other connects the leg to the top.

Here are the parts. I would like to use them for a pergola: enter image description here enter image description hereenter image description here

Can anyone identify these parts?

  • Did you ever get the condensate pump?
    – JACK
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 1:33
  • 2
    Have to downvote an obvious "shopping question". It's hard to say specifically where these parts come from. Either those aluminum components were custom made for that application or they are "off the shelf" components supplied from one of many aluminum building manufacturers. Googling "aluminum building components" comes up with a gazillion suppliers/manufacturers who produce buildings of various sizes from backyard pergolas to airplane hangers.
    – gnicko
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 2:40
  • 1
    @EdBeal "Upvotes are not for "correcting" downvotes. It is not your job to take away somebody else's right to vote. Only upvote if you thought that it was a great question/answer, not because you disagreed with somebody else's downvote." – Lightness Races in Orbit's profile, c. 2014.
    – Mazura
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 4:16
  • 1
    the pictures are from a carwash? ... the last picture is scary
    – jsotola
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 5:38
  • 1
    @jsotola You mean the wet extension cord connection? I thought the same thing! Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 5:53

1 Answer 1


It's rectangular aluminum tubing.

It's pretty big, probably 4x6, maybe bigger. Sure, it'll be weather resistant, but so will cedar or PT SPF, and the wood will probably be about 10% the cost of the aluminum.

  • But what are those connectors?
    – rbhat
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 0:33
  • 1
    @gnicko Think he means the pieces of aluminum that fit into the posts at the top and connect to the other posts. Think they might be custom made pieces.
    – crip659
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 2:14
  • But what are those connectors? ... what are you asking? .... they are aluminum connectors
    – jsotola
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 5:41
  • It seems that the original question wasn't all that clear in what it was asking about. I identified the tubing, while the OP was asking about the connectors. Clear communication is important in all areas of life.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Feb 20, 2022 at 21:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.