Posting as an answer for visibility.
Actually turns out the damage was non-negligible. Of the entire 3gal tank, I've managed to capture about half before spilling away. But the gallon and a half that got away actually went through the floor and into the ceiling of the bottom floor.
I noticed the drywall ceiling sagging along the tape-line, so I called a remediation company. They cut the ceiling open and created a chamber around it using plastic sheets. We're moving air through the ceiling space and dehumidifying, for 3 days. Similarly, on the top floor where the flood happened, we're blowing fans and running dehumidifier.
This and the repairs afterwards would run into the thousands. So it wasn't exactly harmless. However, my prompt actions after the incident have definitely helped limit the damage. We don't even have to spray chemicals and there is no signs of mold.