We absolutely hate the double basin sink since the bigger side doesn't have the garbage disposal and barely gets used. That being said, we're looking to replace the sink with a single basin; however, we won't be redoing the countertops so it'll be need to be installed with the stone countertops already in place.
My question for the community is: what should a noob homeowner get looked at first and who should I be working with? Should I get someone to come and measure the dimensions in detail? Should I confirm whether or not it's a huge risk for the countertop with a new install?
A few details:
- Sink width from left to right is a little more than 30"
- Sink length (front to back) for the left basin is about 19"
- Sink length for the right basin is about 16.5" and is slightly more shallow
- On the underside, it looks like a combo of glue and screws were used to mount the sink to the countertop
- I cannot find any identifying information about the sink manufacturer
Please feel free to ask clarifying questions and I'll add details in the description. Thanks a ton for your help.
Example of single basin sink in similar shape: https://www.build.com/houzer-mh-3200/s1188609?uid=2848522