I have a Kenmore 80 series washer and it recently stopped spinning and agitating and I found out it was the coupler. So I changed that and it start to work again, normally. After a week or two it stopped spinning during spin cycle, but it still agitates. I did some research and tests and this is what I came up with over the past two days:
- The coupler is fine
- The pump isn't clogged. It spins fine and drains fine.
- The lid switch works perfectly
- While the agitator is spinning, I can stop it by holding it with my hand from making a rotation forward or backwards. I couldn't do that before
- I can spin the tub with my hands with about 5-10lbs of resistance.
- The clutch under the tub doesn't spin during spin cycle.
- When I change speed settings(medium to low or to high) for the agitator, the speed doesn't change.
From doing searching I think that it could possibly be the Gearcase/Transmission, the Tub Hub, or the Belt, if it has one and that is as much as I know.
Please help me figure this problem out. Its pretty annoying not having a working washer :/