My kitchen granite countertops appear to be "pitted". I'm not sure what caused this damage (previous owner), but I assume it isn't normal. Is there a product/process for fixing this? It seems like a different problem than "chipping", which I've seen various solutions for.

enter image description here enter image description here

1 Answer 1


I would not fret over what you depict. These are natural flaws in the stone.

If you feel you must do something with the spots there is a typical filler that the stone countertop people use. It is an epoxy filler. There are a few brands out there that you may be able to find. It is a 2 part epoxy, it can be custom colored, but for yours the untinted material will pick up the color from th surrounding area and mak e it disappear. It is mixed, squeezed into place with a single edge razor blade, and trimmed off flush with a fresh razor blade after it sets up for a time.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.