I was using my electric oven last night baking something inside it and also using one burner to cook some food. The stove has 5 burners that I could use but I was only using one. While I was standing next to the oven, seemingly out of nowhere I heard a loud humming sound. This humming continued for about 5 seconds and got progressively louder. Eventually we heard a loud pop, the oven turned off immediately and then we smelled a burning smell. I saw a little bit of smoke and my girlfriend claimed she saw a small poof of fire momentarily when we heard the pop. Currently nothing works on the stove, not even the time display.
I was wondering if this could be a blown fuse within the stove. If it is a blown fuse, does that always mean that there is something else which caused the fuse to blow in the first place? Or could the fuse have gone bad by itself and simply replacing it would fix the issue.
Edit - The model number of the stove is is PLEFMZ99ECA.
Also as a side note, I have noticed that a GFCI outlet that is somewhat next to our stove seems to trip randomly over the past few weeks. We use a coffee maker on that plug and that seems to trip it and shut off power to the outlet. Not sure if this might be related.
Second Edit - So I just checked the circuit breaker panel and found that the range circuit tripped at the main panel to my house.