The "tape" on my roller door is getting old and needs replacing because it's causing a lot of friction against the guides so the door does not move smoothly. I need help identifying the name of this part. I can post more photos if necessary. The "tape" appears to be rubber with a woven fibre type coating.

roller door full view

tape detail view

  • I'm not a garage door expert by any means, but some internet searching has failed to turn up any parts for the door itself. I'm not sure you'll be able to find a replacement for just the "tape" along the edges. I'd suggest contacting a couple of local garage door companies, though they may only do standard residential sectional doors. Maybe get hold of the owner/manager of a self-storage place that has roll up doors to find out who they have do maintenance on their roll-up doors. Based on the condition of the door itself in that close up, it might not be bad to replace the whole thing.
    – FreeMan
    Dec 14, 2021 at 17:18

1 Answer 1


Its called Nylofelt.

B&D claim it as their invention. Good luck finding it for sale.

  • 2
    Who is "B&D"? Is that "Black & Decker"? If not, a link to a web site for reference might be helpful.
    – FreeMan
    Oct 20, 2022 at 11:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.