The "tape" on my roller door is getting old and needs replacing because it's causing a lot of friction against the guides so the door does not move smoothly. I need help identifying the name of this part. I can post more photos if necessary. The "tape" appears to be rubber with a woven fibre type coating.

roller door full view

tape detail view

  • I'm not a garage door expert by any means, but some internet searching has failed to turn up any parts for the door itself. I'm not sure you'll be able to find a replacement for just the "tape" along the edges. I'd suggest contacting a couple of local garage door companies, though they may only do standard residential sectional doors. Maybe get hold of the owner/manager of a self-storage place that has roll up doors to find out who they have do maintenance on their roll-up doors. Based on the condition of the door itself in that close up, it might not be bad to replace the whole thing.
    – FreeMan
    Dec 14, 2021 at 17:18

1 Answer 1


Its called Nylofelt.

B&D claim it as their invention. Good luck finding it for sale.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.