I have been advised by plywood sellers to buy BWP(Boiling water protection) grade plywood from kitchen to cupboard,showcase,TV stand and it's expensive as well.

But some people suggested me to use Moisture resistance grade plywood for cupboard and its cheaper than BWP but again it's expensive though

I personally feel except kitchen for any other furnitures I should just use hardwood ply and that should be enough if there's any possibility of water coming in contact either as liquid form or gas then Hardwood ply should do and it's relatively affordable as well.

FYI: From my home the coast is 25 km and average temperature is 30 degree Celsius so would it be ok for me to go ahead with Hardwood ply or I should consider Moisture resistance grade ?

Please find sketch of my furnitures here

Please advise

  • When you say "hardwood" do you mean solid wood, or something like a furniture grade hardwood plywood? Also, I've never heard of BWP - sounds interesting but overkill.
    – JPhi1618
    Nov 19 '21 at 20:00
  • Hardwood plywood
    – Amogam
    Nov 19 '21 at 20:00
  • 1
    Does this answer your question? Is Moisture Resistant plywood good enough for Furnitures
    – Solar Mike
    Nov 19 '21 at 20:04
  • @SolarMike - That question hasn't got any valid answer and the question is very different as well\
    – Amogam
    Nov 19 '21 at 20:07
  • 2
    Plywood sellers might not be the best. Would try asking people who make furniture locally what they use. Most of the local types of wood should be separated into indoor and outdoor use. Imagine BWP is for outdoor use.
    – crip659
    Nov 19 '21 at 20:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.