I'm planning to do furnitures for home. I'm confused whether to use MR (Moisture Resistant) plywood( IS 303 standard) or BWP(Boiling Water Proof) plywood ( IS 710 standard) for furnitures.

I'm happy to use BWP plywood for kitchen but what about Other furnitures like cupboard,showcase,TV stand etc

Seller advised me to buy BWP for everything as the home is 25km from coast and there will be humidity.

I feel MR should do fine because furnitures are no way near by Kitchen or Bathroom.

Any ideas are welcome

FYI: BWP is bit expensive than MR Here is the link detailing what' BWP , MR and other standards

Please find sketch of my furnitures here

  • You will be painting/staining/sealing the furniture after making or just leaving as bare wood? Bare wood you might want the better stuff.
    – crip659
    Nov 19, 2021 at 10:33
  • Outside , I'd be lamenating with 0.8mm thickness and inside I'd be doing putty and paint for smoothness
    – Amogam
    Nov 19, 2021 at 10:34


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.