My furnace is not working properly (ICM2805A control board, or Nordyne 624631A). When I turn it on, the inducer motor will start spinning and shut down immediately, the board will reset, and try again in about 30 seconds. The igniter never gets to glow. This loop repeats forever. Every time the inducer stops, the status light goes off for a split second and back to solid red.
Things I tried, in order:
- I check all the safety switches and they are all operate correctly (closed by default). Also the whole safety circuit is closed.
- The pressure switch works well. With a multimeter, when I gently suck the pipe, it clicks, and the circuit opens.
- I replaced the pressure switch with a manual switch. I open it manually once the inducer starts, but I still have the same problem.
- The resistance of the glower is of 70ohm, but it never turns on.
- The problem persists when I disconnect all thermostat wires, I manually connect R to W directly on the board.
- I bought a new ICM2805A board, and the problem is till there with the brand new board.
At this point, I do not know what else to check. Any ideas?