I need to change my shower handle stems since they are semi-broken. The handles do not include any signs or logos for who the manufacturer is. Any ideas how i can find out or even find a similar company ? enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    There might be identifying markings on the side of the cartridge that you can see after taking it out. If that doesn't help, try taking it to a plumbing supply store (not necessarily a BigBox) if possible. Chances are they'll recognize it.
    – gnicko
    Nov 13 '21 at 1:35
  • 1
    ^^^ +1 Take it to a "real" plumbing store. The guy there will look at it and say "Oh yeah, that's a Flibberjabin Concroxitoa valve, part number 39AA-1" or whatever. And then after he tells you that, buy it from him instead of Amazon because his experience is worth something.
    – Kyle B
    Nov 13 '21 at 3:06

You could try this cartridge identification guide.



You may find a match if you use Google Lens... Download the Google Search Engine App (logo is a G) if you don't have it already > look at the search bar and you'll see two icons, one that looks like a camera - tap that one > take a picture with it and if there is anything out there for sale that looks like what you have, you'll find it.

  • Or it could be from an RV in which case none of the above is going to help identify it. You are best off, imho, replacing the entire valve with a current anti-scald model.
    – DAS
    Nov 14 '21 at 1:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.