I have a floor lamp with an unwired lamp socket. I've taken the pieces apart so I now have a) the exposed wiring (see below) and b) the lamp socket where the exposed wiring needs to connect to (see below).
The problem is that I can't connect the exposed wiring to the lamp socket because it is not thick enough / doesn't have anything to stick to. In the original design, the exposed wiring was covered by copper sheaths (see below) which I believe made it easier to connect into the lamp socket, but those have been ripped off.
What are my options here to connect the wiring again? Do I need to buy new copper sheaths and try to wrap around the exposed wiring? Can I just try to bunch up the exposed wiring to make it thicker and try to make it stick? Should I hire an electrician? Is there something else I can do?
Thanks in advance for any help.