markings around stainless steel sink

Markings around stainless steel sink


Unfortunately that looks like they used an acid that stripped the chrome finish off. No good way to get that back on.

  • 1
    It’s worth noting that sink drains like this can be replaced fairly easily. While they often come in a set with the faucet, they’re also marketed separately.
    – Tim B
    Oct 11 at 18:34

That appears to be a garbage disposal chrome trim ring. Get another one and replace this one. It's permanently damaged and corroding. Most of these are chrome-plated brass. Once the chrome flakes off there is nothing to stop the brass from damage.

I'm not seeing any stainless steel in your photo.

  • 2
    I'm not seeing "garbage disposal", but otherwise agree 100%. (Every disposal I've had had some sort of engraving/stamping in the drain collar indicating the brand).
    – FreeMan
    Oct 11 at 12:35
  • 2
    @FreeMan In addition to no branding, the sink appears to be a typical bathroom porcelain sink, not a kitchen sink. There are porcelain kitchen sinks (which never made sense to me - for a bunch of reasons I always go with stainless steel sinks in kitchens) but the size/shape would be different. Oct 11 at 13:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.