I'm insulating using rockwool between two floors and wondering which foil shall I use on the small section that faces the outer wall?

Its a old poorly insulated house from 1930 with brick walls. Also, how can I attach the vapor barrier? Most recommend using staples or tape, but its really hard to access the small space. enter image description here

  • Maybe it's because I'm not an insulation expert, but what is the "foil" for? Is it to be a vapor barrier? Something else?
    – FreeMan
    Sep 27, 2021 at 14:03
  • 1
    @FreeMan, indeed vapor barrier, much better to use that instead of the word foil.
    – MLEN
    Sep 27, 2021 at 14:38


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.