I want to add an electrical outlet near this point. On the other side of the wall from this junction is my main breaker panel so I intend to run the wires from the panel through this junction. The problem is that there is no other opening in the junction.

Ideally I would have an opening on the right side of this junction and run conduit outside the wall about one foot to the new outlet. What type of junction box should I buy? It needs to go through the wall into the back of the breaker panel. I’m not sure I’m searching for the right terms and can’t find a box that has all the openings I want.

What’s the easiest way to do this and still have it look tidy? Not sure it matters for my question but this will be a 240 volt, 30 amp outlet for a car charger.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • What diameter is the conduit shown? Sep 24, 2021 at 2:57
  • 1
    The conduit is 7/8" outer diameter.
    – user141926
    Sep 24, 2021 at 3:06
  • 1
    Can you provide a picture of the back of the panel (with the panel cover removed) showing where that cable enters?
    – FreeMan
    Sep 24, 2021 at 11:28
  • It says 3/4 on the LB cover
    – DrSparks
    Sep 24, 2021 at 14:36
  • What size wire and how many are already in that conduit? It might not be as easy as pulling extra wires through it - it may already be at fill capacity.
    – FreeMan
    Sep 24, 2021 at 15:20

1 Answer 1


You'll have to pull the wires back through the LB to install a new conduit body. There's a product by Arlington Industries called ANYBody. It's a conduit body with removable hubs that allows you to create any configuration required.

Also, here's a link to Arlington's website for that product. You can enter your zip code and find a local supplier. Most electrical supply houses carry this product and have counter sales.

  • There's a bit more to it than that, as extra wire is needed. Some slack will need to be found, or a new length of cable will need to be pulled.
    – isherwood
    Sep 24, 2021 at 14:42
  • What do you mean? Just need to pull 2 #10 THHN wires to the EV charger. Easy.
    – DrSparks
    Sep 24, 2021 at 14:45
  • I guess I interpreted the request as a split in the circuit at the LB. Maybe that's not what was meant.
    – isherwood
    Sep 24, 2021 at 15:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.