My R22 HVAC system stopped working. Trying to see if there is anything else I can do
When the compressor kicks on I hear a buzzing sound (presumably when the capacitor is in start mode) and a hen goes run mode.
Things I have checked:
- Gauges show around 130PSI on the high and low sides. No pressure seems to come from the compressor.
- Checked the contactor and confirmed it is working. The resistance is 0 ohms when pushed in and infinity when pushed out. 240 volts from both phases get to both sides of the contactor when it is engaged.
- Tested dual capacitor and it tested properly. I went to an HVAC supply store and replaced it anyway. No luck. I also bought a hard start kit and that didn't help start it either.
- I checked the compressor leads. There is continuity between Start \ Run, Common \ Run, and Common \ Start
- There is resistance on all the winding wires.
Start \ Run 2.7 ohm Common \ Start 1.85 ohm Common \ Run 0.8 ohm
Is this a siezed compressor? Is there anything else I can try?