My father is getting a new fridge that has no ice maker or anything etc. How do I cap the small water tube off so it stops leaking? enter image description here

1 Answer 1


If you can get to the other end of that line, hardware stores sell caps (probably 3/8 inch) you can screw onto the fitting (probably an angle stop). If at all possible get a cap that has a rubber gasket in it.

If you cannot get to the other end, an overkill solution would be to attach a stop onto the valve and then leave the valve closed. (Risky though because someone may open the valve accidently - but you could cap the new valve just like I suggested in the first paragraph.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.