I have this small angle grinder and I want to use it for beveling tiles that I am going to install.

The process also requires some polishing of the bigger than 45 degrees cuts and they use a polishing tool like below. That looks like an angle grinder with some adapter installed. What is the name for it?

enter image description here

  • Looks like a sanding disk for peel and stick sanding disks. The guard is just removed for the picture, right?
    – crip659
    Aug 24, 2021 at 15:29
  • or it could be a scotchbrite pad on there,
    – Jasen
    Aug 25, 2021 at 2:02
  • Note that I've only ever seen these sold from Chinese or other "off shore" sellers. Its not something you can buy at the hardware store - I think there must be some safety regulations that keep others from selling them.
    – JPhi1618
    Aug 25, 2021 at 19:22

1 Answer 1


Product search terms:

Angle grinders have a threaded output shaft, so the one in your photo probably just screws on.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.