I need to buy a new bracket as the one holding the external vent is broken and pipe is wobbling.

What is it called so I can search for a new one? It's about 12cm external diameter.



1 Answer 1


What you're after is a "pipe wall strap".

  • I presume it's one for a Ø110mm/4'' Soil Pipe. My external diameter measurement was 120mm but i believe that inside diameter is what counts for a pipe. So about 5mm on each wall would roughly add up?!? Apologies if this should be new distinct question!
    – k1eran
    Aug 2, 2021 at 21:38
  • 1
    Yes, straps would usually be sized for nominal pipe diameter, not actual outer diameter.
    – isherwood
    Aug 10, 2021 at 12:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.