I've spent about 3 hours at Lowe's and Menard's trying to find the right adapter to connect my 3/8 inch reverse osmosis water line (plastic tubing) to my new fridge. My old fridge used the push to connect system which I can remove easily. My new fridge uses a metal compression connection (1/4in). See photos. The sizing between the P2C system adapter and the metal compression adapters is different or appears to be because no plastic P2C adapter fits my fridge connection. I'm at the point where I may just call a plumber but it seems like I should be able to figure this out. It feels like I'm missing something simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. enter image description hereenter image description here

  • You can connect 1/4" plastic tubing to the fridge with a compression nut and a ferrule. Then get a 1/4 x 3/8 push to connect fitting to connect the plastic 1/4 to 3/8 plastic. You'd have to cut the fitting off of your existing tubing. I'm not posting this as an answer because someone will probably come along with a better solution. Jul 28 '21 at 16:43

I will answer with the assumption that the plastic RO tubing is 3/8" outside diameter (O.D.) because that is how tubing in this type of application is normally sized.

Get a 3/8 compression x 1/4 compression coupling. Remove the nut and ferrule from the 1/4" side of the coupling and attach the 1/4" braided metal flex supply tube to it. Use the 3/8" comp. side to effect a connection to your 3/8" plastic tube (after having removed the quick-connect fitting) using the nut and ferrule (standard compression connection).

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.